US consulting firm FTI Consulting is considering buying Delta Partners, a Dubai-based technology, media and telecom (TMT) consultancy with seven global offices, according to a report from Bloomberg News. FTI has been discussing a possible merger with the boutique firm since before the coronavirus pandemic hit, a source told Bloomberg. Delta has apparently been seeking a partner […]
The criminal justice system is not a career for faint hearts. It takes the utmost courage and confidence to be one. The potential job prospects are everywhere – Federal, private, government and many more. Read more to find out about the criminal justice system in the United States. Unlike most countries, criminal justice in the US is not confined to one institution but is a network comprising the state, exclusive jurisdiction and state. Although there is a working constitutional law that governs these, it still varies in exceptional cases.
- Federal Criminal justice system is solicitous about national crimes like treachery, intelligence, the murder of government officials and many more.
- State criminal justice systems take care of similar crimes that take place in their state jurisdiction.
- The ultimate goal of the entire system is to make the potential criminals or offenders realize and pay for their actions. This whole process consists of three components:
- The body of law enforcement gets to the action, immediately when a crime is detected. The law enforcement body comprises of officials like the police officers or specialized agents. The investigation starts after an eye witness, or a victim has reported a crime, or in rare cases catch the criminal in the act.
- Duties and responsibilities of the body include:
- Arresting the offender
- Collecting and preserving evidence
- Investigate the scenario and collect necessary motive and evidence
- Some of the law enforcement bodies in the US include the Department of Homeland Security, which addresses the problem of human trafficking, who is responsible for sending the issues of human trafficking.
In lay man’s language, adjunction means to cover court procedures. Once the law enforcement bodies do their part of the investigation, they’re often produced in from of the court. Like law enforcement, the court is also established at different levels-federal, state and exclusive jurisdiction. The procedure is as follows:
- Pretrial services
- Death Penalty in severe cases
The last component of the criminal justice of America is corrections. During this phase, the revisions are encompassed, notably including the ones undergoing the death sentence. In the federal and state judge, it is often considered as a replacement for penology. This is mainly employed in cases where the act is not severely criminal, for imprisonment or death sentence, but requires supervision from authorities. Some of these acts of correction include:
- Running or volunteering for helping privately running institutions.
- Adhering to the laws and standards of the state, no matter what the situation is
The criminal justice system of the US is slightly different from that of the other countries. Although the strict maintenance of law and order has put the country in good condition, there are still theories and books written to amplify everything wrong in the system. One of the popular ones is the “Prisoners of Politics: Breaking the Cycle of Mass Incarceration,” by Rachel Barkow.